Sunday, August 28, 2011

Moving In - A TV Armoire Bar

I just recently moved, and my parents kindly offered me the pickings of their attic. As a relatively poor girl, I take what I can get. But I had to pause when they told me to take the TV armoire. What the heck would I do with that?
A couple things came to mind - a linen closet? Food storage? Finally, a bar!

So with a vision in mind, I hit some stores. All in all I picked up:
Martha Stewart mirror from Home Depot
Rope Lighting from Home Depot
Wine Glass stemware rack from The Container Store
Plastic platforms(?) from The Container Store
A whole new set of wine glasses and martini glasses from Crate and Barrel

Beginning with the cabinet below, I hung the mirror to cover the gaping whole in the back:


Added lighting and the wine glass rack to the top of the cabinet, stocked the bottom part with tumblers, pint glasses and shot glasses, and put down an old silver tray to protect the top cabinet bottom from the bottles.


Now all I have to do is stock it!



Cost? Maybe 100 dollars total. These old TV armoires are super easy to pick up on craigslist as people move on to fancy wall mounted flat screens :)


No comments:

Post a Comment